Sunday, January 18, 2015

Downton for a Day

Something short and sweet and extra posh for you all today.  This last week, I was lucky enough to be a part of a Downton Abbey themed shoot.  When asked, I jumped at the opportunity.  Just google "Downton Abbey costumes" and you'll understand why.  #vintageglamourmuch.  And, ya know, that whole lover-of-all-things-British thing may have come into play here as well.  The way I saw it, it was a pretty legitimate excuse to speak with an accent for hours on end.  Not that I need one.

As if being all fancy for a day wasn't fabulous enough, I was able to collaborate with some really amazing people.  April Benincosa started us off with some killer hair and makeup.  Watching her create those Old Hollywood style waves in my hair was really something special.  Thank you, April.  


The Grand America served as a truly gracious host, giving us a set that really drove home that elaborate English country estate feel to the shoot. Thanks to the hotel and its friendly staff!


La Fête Floral and Events was kind enough to provide us with some unique bouquets fit for a queen.  And Gossamer Vintage sent some unbelievably breathtaking vintage gowns that I was thrilled to wear and play around in for a few hours. Thanks to both of them!


Most of all, I'd like to thank D'Arcy Benincosa, who is such a vibrant soul and a deeply gifted photographer and artist.  Thank you for making it all happen and for asking me to be a part of it.  

Days like these remind me of how fortunate I am to be able to work with such talented and creative individuals.  It's inspiring.  And to top it all off, I get to take home these stunning photographs that will last a lifetime.  I'm a lucky girl.

Note: Because D'Arcy is super cool and awesome, she shoots film.  The photos included above were taken on our iPhones so we could share some shots with you all right away.  So stay tuned for more images once that film gets developed!

Much love, thanks for reading, and as always...



No comments:

Post a Comment